2nd Shift – Monday through Thursday 3:00PM to 1:30 AM
Data Metalcraft is hiring a Press Brake Operator to learn and grow with our company. DMI is a manufacturer of formed sheet metal and welded fiber optic cabinets. We are an A rated supplier to our vendors and develop long lasting relationships.
- Operate press brake machine.
- Run bend and forming operations using standard and custom punches.
- Use a CNC controller to input information into machine.
- Adjust ram and back gauge locations per process control instructions and blueprints.
- Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
- Perform complex programming using all features of the press brake.
- Work with tight tolerances.
- Produce parts for assembly operations.
- Meet customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Program the CNC to produce new parts meeting specifications.
- Perform spot inspections of parts.
- Perform all required routine and minor maintenance activities according to procedures.
- Complete and maintain paperwork.
- Set up light gauge metal.
- Configure bend allowances for sheet metal (stainless, aluminum & regular steel).
- Check machine for defects and repair if necessary.
- Ensure machine is calibrated and cleaned. Read drawings and blueprints.
Best Candidates Will Possess These Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years’ experience
- Technical training in related field
- Must work at a fast pace with strict deadlines
- Ability to read blue prints
- Must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate themselves as a strong team player that cares about the quality of their work
- Must be able to come to work on-time and prepared to do their job
- Has at least 3 years of experience as general labor, operator, in a production/manufacturing environment
- Possess basic math skills, understands units of measurement
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Have positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn new equipment and processes
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour
- Running press brake: 1 year (Required)
- Production: 1 year (Required)
- Amada Press Brake: 1 year (Preferred)
- Press Brake setup: 1 year (Required)
- fabrication: 1 year (Required)
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Night shift
- 10 hour shift
Precision Metal Fabrication
At Data Metalcraft, Inc. we have been providing precision metal fabrication services to our clients since the 1970s. We offer turnkey, customized solutions for all your metal fabrication needs. No matter how simple or complex your project, we have the resources to help. Contact us today to learn more about our metal fabrication services and how we can help make your project a reality. You can find us at our primary facility located in Chaska, MN. We also provide services to clients throughout Minnesota and the greater Midwest.