Maintaining a safe work environment is essential in any work setting, and that includes inherently dangerous workplace settings like the floor of a metal fabrication shop. This article is all about metal fabrication safety. We’ll discuss some of the more common accidents that can occur in a metal fabrication setting and how to be proactive in preventing these accidents.
Common Causes of Workplace Accidents
Workplace accidents in the metal fabrication setting can be caused by a multitude of factors. Here are some of the most common causes of workplace accidents in a metal fabrication shop:
- Failure to Properly Use Tools & Machinery. If employees are not properly trained on how to use the various tools and machines required in a metal fabrication project, accidents are more likely to happen.
- Barriers that are Insufficient. Slip and fall accidents can be caused by barriers that are not sufficiently placed around the metal fabrication floor.
- Poor Handling Procedures. Accident and injury risk increases when employees do not abide by proper handling procedures.
Tips for Preventing Workplace Accidents
Accidents can happen in any workplace setting, but it’s important to implement safety measures to decrease the likelihood of these accidents. Below are a few tips we employ for preventing metal fabrication accidents:
- Ensure all employees are properly trained in on the tools and equipment they are using.
- Ensure all employees wear the required safety gear while on the shop floor.
- Ensure all employees feel comfortable asking for help when necessary.
Data Metalcraft, Inc.
At Data Metalcraft, we take workplace safety very seriously and have many accident mitigation protocols in place to keep our employees safe. Our team of metal fabrication experts is on hand and ready to help you through the ins and outs of your next metal fabrication project. We serve clients throughout Minnesota and the greater Midwest. Contact us today to see how we can help!