Safety in the workplace is an essential aspect of any work environment – at least it should be! This is particularly true in the inherently dangerous workplace of a metal fabrication shop. That’s why we do everything in our power to promote safety. In this article, we are going to discuss some of the common accidents and injuries that occur in metal fabrication shops and what we do to prevent these from happening.
Metal Fabrication Accidents & Injuries
There are numerous factors that can cause accidents (and resulting injuries) in a metal fabrication work environment. Here are some of the most common causes of accident and injury:
- Failure to Properly Use Tools & Equipment. One of the most common causes of accidents in metal fabrication is improper handling of tools and equipment. Metal fabrication requires a lot of large, potentially dangerous tools and machinery. It’s important that every employee knows how to properly handle and use the tools needed for their work.
- Failure to Erect Proper Barriers. Barriers are an excellent safety mechanism in the metal fabrication shop as they can help prevent slip and fall accidents and prevent workers from coming in contact with hazardous materials.
- Failure to Implement Good Handling Procedures. It is absolutely essential that all employees on the shop floor abide by safety protocols. That includes wearing the appropriate gear, and using the recommended lifting methods, among other things.
How we Prevent Accidents & Injuries
Accidents happen in every workplace, but they can also be prevented with the appropriate preparation. Here are a few ways we prevent accidents and injuries from occurring on the metal fabrication shop floor:
- Ensuring all employees are using the correct tools for the job they’re doing.
- Ensuring all employees are properly trained to use the equipment they need to use.
- Ensuring all employees always wear the recommended safety gear when on the shop floor.
- Ensuring all employees feel comfortable asking for help when they need it.
Minnesota Metal Fabrication Company
At Data Metalcraft Inc., we have been customized, turnkey solutions for all types of metal fabrication projects for decades. Contact our experts today to learn more about our services and speak with us about your next project. Our facility is located in Arlington, but we work with clients throughout the state of Minnesota and the surrounding states.