Data Metalcraft is hiring a Press Brake Operator to learn and grow with our company. DMI is a manufacturer of formed sheet metal and welded fiber optic cabinets. We are an A rated supplier to our vendors and develop long lasting relationships.
Starting PTO: 80 Hours/yr
- 2nd Shift – Monday through Thursday 3:00 PM to 1:30 AM
- Operate press brake machine.
- Run bend and forming operations using standard and custom punches.
- Use a CNC controller to input information into machine.
- Adjust ram and back gauge locations per process control instructions and blueprints.
- Checks height, depth and thickness using micrometers, dial indicators, calipers, gauges and other precision-measuring instruments.
- Perform complex programming using all features of the press brake.
- Work with tight tolerances.
- Produce parts for assembly operations.
- Meet customer specifications and delivery requirements.
- Program the CNC to produce new parts meeting specifications.
- Perform spot inspections of parts.
- Perform all required routine and minor maintenance activities according to procedures.
- Complete and maintain paperwork.
- Set up light gauge metal.
- Configure bend allowances for sheet metal (stainless, aluminum & regular steel).
- Check machine for defects and repair if necessary.
- Ensure machine is calibrated and cleaned. Read drawings and blueprints.
Best Candidates Will Possess These Skills
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 3+ years’ experience
- Technical training in related field
- Must work at a fast pace with strict deadlines
- Ability to read blue prints
- Must possess a strong work ethic and demonstrate themselves as a strong team player that cares about the quality of their work
- Must be able to come to work on-time and prepared to do their job
- Has at least 3 years of experience as general labor, operator, in a production/manufacturing environment
- Possess basic math skills, understands units of measurement
- Ability to adapt and be flexible to an ever-changing work environment
- Have positive, collaborative attitude with a willingness to learn new equipment and processes
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour
- press brake: 2 years (Preferred)
- production: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible